/* */ Beulah Bee: Sweet Prize

February 24, 2023

Sweet Prize

Today I'm sharing a tag inspired by, of all things, a new craft mat! (Which can only be said by one seriously bonafide and confirmed craft-nerd who, perhaps, should get a life?)

I started with a piece of scrapbook paper (Epiphany by Prima) for the background then layered scraps of Idea-ology Tissue Wrap, washi tape and stenciled tissue paper along with a hand-cut vintage image.

It was tinted with Distress inks and stenciled texture paste (Dot Fade by Tim Holtz). The text is a Clipping Sticker.

My trusty 10+ year-old Ranger Inkssentials craft mat was getting harder to clean and I didn't realize just how shabby it had become until I got a new one.

I keep it mounted on an inexpensive canvas panel with double-sided Scotch tape on the inside edges and strips of packaging tape around the outside edges. The back side of the panel is coated with gel medium to protect it from wetness.

This one is 9" x 12" and I use it most often but also have a larger one (14" x 18") mounted in the same way when I need a bigger work surface.

As always, I hope this post finds you well and happy and I appreciate your visit.

Until next time, take care.